Saturday, January 9, 2010

Delicious Recipe: Mayonnaise-free tuna salad

(The Secret ingredient is honey)

As I was preparing to make tuna salad in my college apartment, I realized my mayonnaise had long since expired, and since eggs and oil are nothing to mess with once gone bad, I decided to play it safe and toss the stuff. With no mayo around the apartment, I had to turn to something else. What follows is that something else. Read carefully and please feel free to try this at home! It's an awesome low-fat version of our favorite comfort food.

1 small can tuna fish
2 hard-boiled eggs
1/8 cup chopped bread and butter pickles (or pickle relish to taste)
1 tablespoon guava jelly (or pineapple, or peach; any light-colored jellies that do not have too-strong of a taste)
1 tablespoon applesauce
1 teaspoon honey

Mix together; enjoy! This is a cheap, healthy option for a light and quick meal! Don't be afraid to enjoy this on bagel chips or my personal favorite, sweet potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment