Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bonnaroo is Love!

I went to Bonnaroo. It was wonderful. More on that in a moment. Look at this video I made on my way to the festival.



Whoo! I'm actually really proud of how this video turned out. Not to mention Josh is hilarious. It's funny because I based another project of mine from something he had written in the past; it's almost like he's my muse. I wonder if someone could get paid for that. hmm.

Anyway, Bonnaroo was amazing. The first night we saw 6 concerts in 3 hours. It was overwhelming, but awesome. The second night I saw my all-time favorite band, THE FLAMING LIPS. And literally fell in love with Wayne Coyne. He is old, but still has it. His stage presence is strong and confident, and his creative energy runs rampant through his audience. His eclectic uses of video and audio equipment provide a strange, cerebral experience for the concert as well. Not to mention, The Flaming Lips' version of Dark Side of the Moon is pretty incredibly done.

I was close to 5 rows back, and I touched his foot when he got in the hamster ball. It was really cool. The rest of the weekend we sat around a lot and basked in the sun. One of the concerts we went to was none other than THE Stevie Wonder, who, surprisingly, put on a really incredible show. Laura and I went with our self-proclaimed theme and danced like old ladies in between naps. The last day we snuck out early and went to a waterfall near Manchester, TN. All in all, the whole weekend was just magnificent.

Anyway, I'm going to get back to it. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment